This week we have an in-house position at the Cambridge-based publisher, Cambridge University Press.
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 + Benefits
Closing date: Friday 25th June
Cambridge University Press are currently recruiting for a Communications Executive to join our Cambridge-based Communications Team. This position will provide the successful applicant with a strong grounding in the principles and practice of PR and Communications.
Cambridge University Press is part of the University of Cambridge and it is a global academic and educational publisher with over 50 offices around the world. The Communications Executive will assist the Public Relations Manager in the co-ordination and execution of all PR and social media activities in order to support the implementation of the Press’s communication strategy.
As Communications Executive, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the delivery of the Press’s PR Strategy
• Proactive and reactive press office function including liaising with and answering enquiries from our agencies or media, individuals and other organisations via telephone and email/social channels
• Collating and analysing media coverage to create reports for internal review and evaluation • Assisting the Internal Communications Manager with a range of projects and communication functions
• Preparing, acquiring and editing PR assets, stories and materials such as videos, images and information for PR and social use • Creating and posting relevant updates and news across social channels
• Maintaining media target and contact database
• Assist with communications calendar planning and management across PR and social
• Event support and attendance
The job requires excellent writing skills, creativity, as well as good organisation and time-management skills. You should be a self-starter, happy to work as part of a busy team and able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously with a can-do attitude, plus a willingness to adapt to rapidly changing demands. Key skills/knowledge: • Excellent writing skills • Strong interpersonal skills • Planning and organisational skills • IT skills
The successful application will be qualified to degree level or equivalent and be able to demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of communications, public relations and public affairs. The job requires excellent writing skills, creativity, as well as good organisation and time-management skills. You should be a self-starter, happy to work as part of a busy team and able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously with a can-do attitude, plus a willingness to adapt to rapidly changing demands.
To apply, simply visit https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/202883